The San Francisco Standard seeks a Manager, Insights & Analytics to join our team. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing media startup and lead initiatives that introduce our content to new readers and build loyalty with our existing audience.
Reporting to our Head of Audience Development, the Manager of Insights & Analytics will play a crucial role in driving our audience strategy and will be responsible for all content analytics. This person will work across the organization—editorial, product, marketing—and the results of your work will impact the way we measure, create, produce and distribute our journalism.
- Translate newsroom and business questions into problems to be solved with data
- Ingest, standardize, integrate and model audiences using web analytics data
- Formalize data-driven frameworks to measure content success; deploy dashboards and tools to visualize and quantify performance
- Devise and lead data-driven experimentation programs to help newsroom and product teams engage audiences
- Present and share data-science work with newsroom and business partners
- Develop page optimization strategies
- Create audience profiles that help segment audiences and continually redefine success in the newsroom
- Help develop an understanding of audience needs by providing easily digestible reports and insights
- Identify content areas ripe for growth, understanding that audience interactions with our content are continuously evolving
- Define multivariate A/B testing and customer segmentation strategies; analyze and optimize
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in media and analytics
- Excellent project-management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Experience working with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Parse.ly or Chartbeat
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker data studio or Tableau
- Experience in leading projects that include data wrangling, data exploration, and data analytics; data fluency is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Some experience in SQL, Python, R, or similar coding language for statistical analytics is helpful
- Curiosity about what makes audiences interact with digital content, a desire to experiment and innovate with existing tools, and a need to figure out what’s next and plan for the future
- An understanding of how content strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO analytics
We are an in-office company and the role thus requires physical presence in the Bay Area. We offer very competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The pay range for this role is $90,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit the preferred qualifications of the job.